An Atomic Database for Spectroscopic Diagnostics of Astrophysical Plasmas.
George Mason University (USA) -
University of Michigan (USA) -
University of Cambridge (UK)
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (USA)
CHIANTI is an ongoing collaboration involving the George Mason University, the University of Michigan (USA) and the
University of Cambridge (UK). This collaboration is made possible only with the support
of funding agencies in the United States and Europe, and the help of individual
scientists outside the CHIANTI consortium.
We acknowledge financial support for CHIANTI v.8 via the following grants:
- SOLID (First European SOLar Irradiance Data Exploitation) is a
collaborative SPACE Project under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013)
of the European Commission (EU) under Grant Agreement No 313188.
- STFC bridging grant of the DAMTP astrophysics group at the University of Cambridge (UK).
- NASA grants NNX15AF25G and NNX11AC20G (USA).
- NSF grant AGS-1159353 and AGS-761154443 (USA).
We acknowledge previous financial support via the following grants:
- NASA - Ultraviolet, Visible and Gravitational Astrophysics grant (USA)
- NASA - Applied Information Systems Research Program grant (USA)
- NASA - Living With a Star grant (USA)
- NASA - Solar and Heliospheric Physics CHIANTI grant (USA)
- Chandra Emission Line Project (USA)
- NATO grant
- Agenzia Spaziale Italiana (ASI, Italy)
- Ministero dell'Istruzione dell'Universita' e della Ricerca (MIUR, Italy)
- Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council (PPARC, UK)
- STFC, UK
We are grateful to the individual scientists who made available to us the electronic files
of their calculations. These include:
- N. Badnell, M. O’Mullane (University of Strathclyde, UK)
- M. Bautista (Western Michigan University, USA)
- A.K. Bhatia (GSFC, USA)
- J. Dubau (Univ. Paris)
- M.F. Gu (Stanford, USA)
- T. Kato (TU)
- G. Liang (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- J. Pelan, C.A. Ramsbottom, K. Bell, C. Ballance (QUB, UK)
- U.I. Safronova (IS/RAS)
- D.H. Sampson (PSU)
- P.J. Storey (UCL, UK)
- S.S. Tayal (Clark Atlanta University, USA)
- K.G. Widing (NRL, USA)
- W.L. Wiese, W.C. Martin, A. Musgrove and T. Shirai (NIST)
- M.C. Witthoeft (CUA/GSFC, USA)
- O. Zatsarinny (Drake University, USA)
- H.L. Zhang and A.K. Pradhan (OSU, USA)